We are Australia's leader in geotechnical solutions and proud to be one of the globally connected companies of Keller, the world’s largest geotechnical engineering contractor. We have delivered industry leading foundations and ground improvement solutions to the building, construction, and mining industries in Australia for over 60 years.
About the role
We are seeking a design engineer to be part of our VIC design and estimating team. The role will require someone who is passionate about geotechnical engineering and eager to learn the different dynamics of engineering, construction, geotechnics and business development.
You will be responsible for:
- Reviewing drawings and geotechnical reports and provide summaries as required,
- Preparing and carrying out foundation and ground improvement construction designs, following certification inspections through on site,
- Undertaking risk assessments and cost-benefit analysis on tenders,
- Preparing budget and tender proposals for foundation and ground improvement solutions, working with the design and estimating team to determine the best solutions,
- Providing design support for projects under construction,
- Visiting sites for projects under construction to carry out inspections/soil logging/pile testing.
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Tertiary qualification in civil engineering and/or geotechnical engineering,
- Detailed knowledge of soil mechanics and soil improvement systems including design standards and codes,
- Ability to show initiative and confidence to work autonomously and as part of a larger team,
- Provide problem solving skills in a high-pressure environment,
- Requirement to work away from home or work on site, as and when required,
- Intermediate to advance in Microsoft office skills,
- Auto CAD skills will be looked upon favourably.
Why work with us
- Flexible work arrangements
- Fair employment practices and emphasis on promoting from within
- Focus on learning and development
- Competitive pay, benefits, and performance related incentives
- Potential for international career growth
- Open plan, collaborative working environment
- Free onsite parking
- Above industry paid parental leave
How to apply
We are committed to attracting, developing, and retaining the right people who are highly competent, live our values and actively contribute to our long-term success.
If you are ready to join the Keller Australia team, please send through the attached completed application form and a copy of your updated CV by hitting the 'apply' button.
Keller Australia is an equal opportunity employer and we support diversity in our workforce. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTQI+; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged to apply.