Keller is the world’s largest geotechnical engineering contractor and have delivered industry leading foundations and ground improvement solutions to the building, construction and mining industries in Australia for over 60 years. Our business has developed a reputation built on extensive knowledge of the nation’s geotechnical landscape, engineering excellence and a commitment to continual innovation. Operating as a design and construction company utilising internally owned plants and an international presence, Keller offers an opportunity to learn multiple facets of the geotechnical construction business.
We are seeking engineering interns or someone in their 2nd or 3rd year to be part of the Keller team in either the operation or design estimating departments. The roles will require someone who is passionate about geotechnical engineering and eager to learn the different dynamics of Engineering, Construction, Geotechnics and Business Development. Reporting to the QLD team in our Lawnton office, the roles will allow you the opportunity to work in an office environment, but also have the opportunity to work as an Engineer, learning first-hand the multiple geotechnical construction techniques that Keller offer and how to deliver projects. This is a unique opportunity that will provide you with multiple skills and a diversity in your career development.
- Assisting in the preparation of OH&S Plans, SWMS, quality plans and inspection and test Plans and administration thereof for contract works
- Raising NCRs and CARs
- Undertake site inspections and/or site duties as directed
- Preparation or modification of ACAD drawings
- Assist with project scheduling
- Assist in procurement and placing orders
- Assisting in the preparation of project close-out reports
What you need to be successful
- Studying degree qualified in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or associated discipline with Geotechnical Engineering content
- Good understanding of geotechnical and foundations systems
- Good communication skills for liaising with internal and external stakeholders
- Shows initiative and confidence to work autonomously and as part of a larger team
- Is self-motivated and demonstrates an ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good organisational and time management skills in this role
- Days/hours flexible based on study requirements of the candidate
- Application procedures
How to apply:
Submit your application via email to email@example.com.
Please include a cover letter, resume and academic transcript in your submission. Also state what days you are available that suit your study schedule.
Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview process.