We are the world’s largest geotechnical engineering contractor and have been delivering industry leading foundations and ground improvement solutions to the building, construction and mining industries in Australia for over 60 years. People enjoy working for us because of our friendly work environment, our commitment to ongoing development and our recognition of employees' contributions and input. Our business has developed a reputation built on extensive knowledge of the nation’s geotechnical landscape, engineering excellence and a commitment to continual innovation. Operating as a design and construction company utilising internally owned plant and an international presence, Keller offers an opportunity to learn multiple facets of the geotechnical construction business.
We are seeking a Graduate Engineer or someone with 1-5 years post graduate experience to be part of the Keller Business Design and Engineering team. The role will require someone who is passionate about geotechnical engineering and eager to learn the different dynamics of Engineering, Construction, Geotechnics and Business Development. Reporting to the VIC Regional Design and Estimating Manager in the Victoria Notting Hill office, you will be responsible for collating enquiries and preparing budgets & tender from first principle following the Keller procedures. The role will allow you the opportunity to work in an office environment, but also have the opportunity to work on site as a Site Engineer learning firsthand the multiple geotechnical construction techniques that Keller offer and how to deliver projects. This is a unique opportunity that will provide you with multiple skills and a diversity in your career development.
You will be responsible for:
- Review tender schedules
- Review drawings and geotechnical reports and provide summaries as required
- Review and assess enquiries/tenders ensuring all documents are received and are correct
- Review enquiry documents assessing scope, risks involved, tender complexity etc. and provide feedback to the design and estimating manager.
- Undertake risk assessments and cost-benefit analysis on tenders
- Prepare budgets and tenders for foundation and ground improvement solutions, working with the design and estimating team to determine the best solutions
- Prepare and carry out foundation and ground improvement designs, following certification inspections through on site.
- Market Keller to existing and new clients
- Establish and maintain a harmonious Client/Customer relationship to secure Projects
- Liaise with Construction Manager and Superintendents on new projects being tendered and on successful projects won
- Provide design support for projects under construction.
- Visit sites for projects under construction to carry out inspections/soil logging/pile testing
- Data entry as required
What you need to be successful in this role
- Tertiary Degree Qualified in Civil Engineering or associated discipline with Geotechnical Engineering content
- Previous experience in construction industry is desired
- Previous experience in geotechnical design or construction will be favoured
- Ability to show initiative and confidence to work autonomously and as part of a larger team
- Provide problem solving skills in a high pressure environment
- Good understanding of geotechnical and foundations systems
- Good communication skills for liaising with internal and external stakeholders
- Requirement to work away from home or work on site, as and when required
- Intermediate to advance in Microsoft office skills
- Basic Auto CAD skills will be looked upon favourably
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Well-presented and professional
- Must have a white card
Culture and Benefits:
People enjoy working for us because we have a supportive and friendly team and we are committed to ongoing development. We encourage contributions and input from all employees and promote diversity and inclusion.
If you think your skills will benefit our company and you have the experience to qualify for this role, then don’t hesitate to send your resume and covering letter to the link below.
You must have an appropriate Australian or New Zealand work visa to be eligible to apply for this position.
LINK: Please email your resume to email@example.com