Every day, people around the world live, work and play on ground prepared by Keller, Australia, and the world’s largest geotechnical specialist contractor. We have delivered industry leading foundations and ground improvement solutions to the building, construction, and mining industries in Australia for over 60 years. With a wide range of challenging and dynamic projects, join Keller to build the foundations for the future of Australia and we can help you build your career.
Keller is currently seeking an experienced and enthusiastic HSE Advisor to join our national health and safety team. The position is based at our head office in Macquarie Park, Sydney.
The key focus of the HSE advisor is consulting with teams and clients to ensure compliance with health and safety legislation, regulations and industry guidelines as well as implementing safety initiatives.
You will be responsible for:
- With the HSE Manager oversee, maintain, and improve all HSE related activities
- Collaborate with the NSW Operational team to provide a first contact advisory service and promote a zero-harm safety culture
- Complete site inspections, safety audits, site safety committee meetings and make recommendations and plans for continuous improvement
- Assist and support injured employees in all aspects of workers compensation, rehabilitation, and administration
- Assist with establishment and mobilisation of new projects
- Be the first point of contact for HSE related queries
- Proactively visit sites where employees are deployed to assist in leading the implementation and promotion of safe work practices.
- Investigate the causes of incidents on site and work with teams for continuous improvements
What does success look like?
You are comfortable with travel, visiting and working on our sites. You are a tertiary qualified health and safety professional with demonstrated experience in a similar role within similar the construction / engineering or heavy industry environment. You also have:
- Knowledge and experience working within a legislative framework
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and engagement skills
- Valid drivers license and construction white card
Why work with Keller
At Keller, no two days are the same! Working with an engaged, collaborative, and supportive team you will play a key role in championing health, safety and compliance in a dynamic work environment. As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- Competitive remuneration, benefits, and performance related incentives.
- Flexible work arrangements including work from site, home or the office and flexi start times.
- Career progression including developing career pathways, an emphasis of promoting from within and international opportunities.
- Learning and development opportunities and wellbeing support
- Leave benefits including 16 weeks of paid primary carers leave
How to apply
Keller Australia is an equal opportunity employer, and we support diversity in our workforce. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTQI+; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged to apply.
We believe in hiring for potential so if this role interests you, but you don’t quite meet all the required criteria, we would still love to hear from you!
If you are ready to join the Keller Australia team, please send through the attached completed application form and a copy of your updated CV by hitting the 'apply' button.
Please note Keller have a strong commitment to health and safety, a pre-employment medical (including a drug and alcohol screen) will be required for the successful candidate.
Unfortunately, due to the number of applications, only successful applicants will be contacted.