We are the world’s largest geotechnical engineering contractor. We have delivered industry leading foundations and ground improvement solutions to the building, construction and mining industries in Australia for over 60 years. People enjoy working for us because of our friendly work environment, our commitment to ongoing development and our recognition of employees' contributions and input. We have a strong focus on Health and Safety and are dedicated to fostering a healthy and safe work environment.
Keller seeks an experienced and enthusiastic HSE Officer to join the HSE Team. The position is based at our Head Office in Macquarie Park, Sydney.
- Working with the HSEQ director to oversee, maintain and improve all HSE related activities within the workplace and within the allocated projects
- Working collaboratively with the NSW Operational team to provide a first contact advisory service and promote a safety culture
- Undertakes site inspections, complete safety observations, conduct safety audits, attend site safety committee meetings and make recommendations and plans for continuous improvement in conjunction with the HSEQ Director
- Support business development teams in demonstrating our safety culture and system to perspective clients
- Support and communicate programs to provide a safe and healthy working environment for all personnel
- Assist and support injured employees in all aspects of workers compensation and rehabilitation and administration
- Pro-actively visit sites where employees are deployed to implement and promote safe work practices
- Investigate the causes of accidents on site and work with teams and wider business expertise for future improvements
- Maintain records of all injuries/illnesses occurring in the workplace in accordance with legislation and AVA database
- Be the first point of contact for any HSE related queries, before escalating to the HSEQ Director as required
- Prepare and coordinate HSE material for pre-starts, toolbox talks, and other HSEQ related meetings as required
- Assist the HSEQ Director with non-conformance and auditing procedures
- Ensure the correct PPE is provided to employees and ensure HSEQ information is disseminated across the workplace
- Perform HSE inductions as and when required for new starters
- Promote safety initiatives and safe work method statements
Skills and Experience
- Degree or certificate in Health and Safety
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Knowledge and experience working within a legislative framework
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and engagement skills
- Experience in a construction / engineering environment is desirable
- Valid drivers’ licence & White Card
How to apply
We are committed to attracting, developing, and retaining the right people who are highly competent, live our values and actively contribute to our long-term success.
If you are ready to join the Keller Australia Team, please send through your covering letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keller Australia is an equal opportunity employer and we support diversity in our workforce. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTQI+; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged to apply.
Due to the high volume of applications, unfortunately only suitable candidates will be contacted.