We are looking for an experienced Leading Hand Fitter to manage our Victorian Mechanical Team in our Braeside Workshop and facilitate an important relationship with the wider Keller business unit. This is a diverse, hands-on role assisting in leading the other fitters/personnel and ensuring a high quality of work is delivered within schedule.
- Conduct work in a manner that is safe and consistent with Keller Plant HSEQ policies and procedures
- Provide technical advice and direct support for large tenders and projects where required assisting with plant asset, performance, and safety information
- Ensure knowledge of all breakdowns and assets
- Provide technical advice on plant related matters
- Plan, prepare, coordinate, and supervise repairs, servicing, production and maintenance of plant and equipment – in conjunction with the Workshop Manager
- Ensure all plant and equipment is operated and maintained in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions
- Conduct and documents regular housekeeping inspections. Applies remedial actions as identified
- Schedule preparation of production in the Mechanical Workshop
- Identify worn or defective components, repairs/replaces worn/faulty components
- Read drawings, specifications, and equipment manuals to assist with troubleshooting and repair
- Assist with problem solving and issue rectification requirements
- Liaise with Plant Administrator on work orders and scheduled maintenance
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Trade qualifications as a fitter, diesel mechanic or hydraulic mechanic and at least 4 years’ experience in a similar role
- Previous experience in a similar role within the Construction Industry, with either pilling/drilling equipment, Cranes, Foundation Equipment, Earthmoving Equipment is preferred
- Sound mechanical background with a comprehensive knowledge of hydraulics and electrical systems
- Excellent communication skills with a positive work ethic are essential
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Quick learner
- An ability to work independently and as part of a team
- You must have an appropriate Australian or New Zealand work visa to be eligible to apply for this position
If you believe you are a suitable candidate for this role, please complete the application form below and send with your CV to email@example.com.
We are committed to attracting, developing, and retaining the right people who are highly competent, live our values and actively contribute to our long-term success.
Keller Australia is an equal opportunity employer and we support diversity in our workforce. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTQI+; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged to apply.
Due to the high volume of applications, unfortunately only suitable candidates will be contacted.