About Keller Australia
We are the world’s largest geotechnical engineering contractor. We have delivered industry leading foundations and ground improvement solutions to the building, construction and mining industries in Australia for over 60 years. We are part of Keller Group globally which is celebrating 160 years. People enjoy working for us because of our friendly work environment, our commitment to ongoing development and our recognition of employees' contributions and input. We have a strong focus on Health and Safety, and we are dedicated to fostering a healthy and safe work environment.
About the role
Keller are currently seeking a highly motivated Mechanical Engineering Technician with extensive experience in Piling and Ground Improvement equipment and operations to join the Keller Team based at our Lawnton Yard, QLD.
Reporting to the Workshop Manager, the position is responsible for maintaining a range of plant equipment in a timely manner to ensure equipment runs safely and effectively and therefore production schedules on site are met.
- Install and maintain services and repairs specialised mechanical equipment as required including electrical and hydraulic.
- Identify worn or defective components, repairs and or replaces worn or faulty components
- Read drawings, specifications and equipment manuals to assist with troubleshooting and repair.
- Maintain and repair of hired and leased plant.
- Training and educating of company employee's such as operators and fitters in use, maintenance, and repair of plant.
- Utilise a variety of hand, machine and precision measuring tools.
- Assemble/ Dismantle specialised piling and ground improvement equipment.
- Assess, identify and notify Foreman/ Leading Hand of any additional issues that may not be recorded on work orders/damaged equipment reports.
- Follow direction by Foreman / Leading Hand / Maintenance Superintendent / Workshop Manager
- Ensure that plant repairs and service are carried out so as to limit the downtime of site to a minimum
- Ensure that plant is kept and used in an acceptable and fully operational conditions
- Ensure that adequate spares are kept on site/in yard to ensure continuous plant operation
- Ensure that all plant service/maintenance documentation is completed and returned in accordance with company procedures.
To be successful in the position you will have:
- Trade certification and high risk tickets as required
- Proven experience working with specialised ground improvement and piling plant and equipment.
- Sound and detailed understanding of geotechnical and foundations systems
- Is self-motivated and demonstrates an ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Sound communication skills, for liaising with internal and external stakeholders
- Sound understanding of capability of plant and commercial and contractual requirements for projects.
- At least 3-5 years' relevant industry experience in the same or similar role.
How to apply
We are committed to attracting, developing, and retaining the right people who are highly competent, live our values and actively contribute to our long-term success.
If you are ready to join the Keller Australia Team, please send through your current CV and Covering Letter to email@example.com