We are the world’s largest geotechnical engineering contractor. We have delivered industry leading foundations and ground improvement solutions to the building, construction and mining industries in Australia for over 60 years. People enjoy working for us because of our friendly work environment, our commitment to ongoing development and our recognition of employees' contributions and input. We have a strong focus on health and safety and are dedicated to fostering a healthy and safe work environment.
Keller seeks an experienced and enthusiastic senior design engineer to join the team. The position is based at our head office in Macquarie Park, Sydney.
- Prepare structural and ground improvement foundation designs for project bids
- Communicate the bid design rationale and benefits to customers
- Prepare detailed designs for ground improvement and structural foundation projects
- Liaise with project construction teams to verify construction is in accordance with design, prepare design variations as required in a timely manner
- Assist in developing the technical skills and capabilities of our engineering staff and promote a proactive Engineering culture in the company
- Review and assess contract and tender designs providing solutions that maximise site efficiencies and site productions while considering alternative solutions with better construction design and economy to arrive at a competitive price
- Liaise with construction team regarding site design and geotechnical changes
- Undertake project investigation, planning and concept design development, assisting project management to better understand design and estimating as required
- Prepare detailed design plans, meeting client requirements and specifications
- Ensure designs are developed in conjunction with business development and operations management and meet technical and financial outcomes
- Actively monitor installation and carry out site verification to ensure the works are carried out in accordance with our designs and participate in on-site testing
- Represent Keller and collaboratively work with the Engineering Manager to develop new markets and clients for future opportunities; actively participate in industry forums, discussion groups, lectures, and presentations
- Ensures that there is compliance with legislation, industry design codes and practice as well as Keller procedures relating to workplace health and safety and environmental matters
What you need to be successful in this role:
- University Degree in Civil Engineering and/or Geotechnical Engineering
- Experience with operations on deep foundation and ground improvement construction projects
- Excellent communication and organisational skills with ability to work with wide cross section of clients – consultants, developers, main contractors etc.
- Practical geotechnical knowledge with ability to critically interpret site investigation reports
- Strong Customer service orientation with an ability to assess and initiate tasks independently
- Detailed knowledge of soil mechanics and soil improvement systems including design standards and codes
- An ability to travel interstate as required
- Flexible work arrangements considered
- Fair employment practices and emphasis on promoting from within
- Focus on learning and development
- Competitive pay, benefits, and performance related incentives
- Potential for international career growth
- Open plan, collaborative working environment
- Monthly Awareness/Acknowledgment/Celebration events
- Free onsite parking
How to apply
We are committed to attracting, developing, and retaining the right people who are highly competent, live our values and actively contribute to our long-term success.
If you are ready to join the Keller Australia team, please send through a copy of your updated CV to email@example.com.
Keller Australia is an equal opportunity employer and we support diversity in our workforce. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTQI+; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged to apply.
Due to the high volume of applications, unfortunately only suitable candidates will be contacted.