We are the world’s largest geotechnical engineering contractor. We have delivered industry leading foundations and ground improvement solutions to the building, construction and mining industries in Australia for over 60 years. People enjoy working for us because of our friendly work environment, our commitment to ongoing development and our recognition of employees' contributions and input. We have a strong focus on Health and Safety and are dedicated to fostering a healthy and safe work environment.
Keller seeks an experienced Payroll Officer to be a vital part of our payroll team. The position is based at our Head Office in Macquarie Park, Sydney however the role will be supporting the company at a national level. Development to Payroll Team Leader available for the right candidate.
Thorough check of the weekly wages payroll file against timesheets before importing into the payroll system
Assist Payroll Officer with processing weekly timesheets into RITEQ
Understand Building & Construction Industry Award & EBAs
Payroll Accounting - produce & upload payroll General Ledger into Accounting software, reconcile payroll General ledger accounts
Processing monthly salaries and all associated reports & costing journals
Prepare & pay all monthly statutory payments (e.g. Superannuation, Redundancy, LSL, Child Support, Payroll tax)
Month-end reporting requirements (e.g personnel report, leave liability, man hours worked, labour costing reports)
End of Financial year lodgements – workers compensation actual wages & estimates, payroll tax annual reconciliation, PAYG payment summaries
Calculate Redundancy/Termination estimates
Skills and Experience
- 7 years minimum experience
- Knowledge of Rockfast/Micro-pay payroll system and/or RITEQ (T&A system) is desirable
- Intermediate Excel and Word
- Strong initiative, results driven, with highly developed attention to detail
- Flexible approach, with capacity to cope with ambiguity and change
- Sound planning and administrative skills, with ability to manage multiple tasks and projects in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Ability to establish credibility quickly at all levels of the organisation
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to identify opportunities for improvement
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret awards, EBAs & agreements
- Complete tasks on a timely basis & delegate work were necessary to meet requirements
How to apply
We are committed to attracting, developing, and retaining the right people who are highly competent, live our values and actively contribute to our long-term success.
If you are ready to join the Keller Australia Team, please send through a copy of your updated CV to email@example.com.
Keller Australia is an equal opportunity employer and we support diversity in our workforce. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTQI+; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged to apply.
Due to the high volume of applications, unfortunately only suitable candidates will be contacted.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a police check & a pre-employment medical.